You can do yoga and Yoga For Everyone will show you how! Get ready to:
- Explore 50 common yoga poses,
- Learn how to adapt each pose to feel good in your body
- Use props to find ease and stability in each posture
- Put what you’ve learned to use in 10 unique sequences you can practice anytime, anywhere
The Yoga for Everyone series is a video representation of Dianne’s book, “Yoga for Everyone: 50 Poses for Every Type of Body.”
Embody the joy of a baby who recently discovered their feet! In this video, we explore happy baby and learn to:
- Reduce the amount of pressure on your midsection
- How to adjust your leg position to fit your unique body
- Use a strap to make it easier to reach your feet
Easy Pose or Sukhasana is more challenging than it looks! In this video, we identify simple ways to make easy pose comfortable in your body, including how to:
- Use blocks, a bolster or cushion to raise your hips higher than your knee to reduce the pressure in your low back
- Position your body a...
If child’s pose isn’t child’s play for you, no problem! In this video, we explore how you can adjust the traditional child’s pose to feel more natural in your body, including how to:
- Reduce compression in the torso and pressure in the knees
- Make it easier to breathe while in the pose.
Low plank pose is a classic posture in a vinyasa yoga class that can be challenging if you’re building strength in the upper body. In this video, we explore how to:
- Build upper body strength in this challenging pose
- Adjust the difficulty of low plank based on knee placement
- Use a block or b...
Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose / Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
There’s more than one way to do Hand to Big Toe Pose! This iconic yoga posture has many variations, and one is sure to be right for your body. In this video, we explore how to:
- Use a strap to lengthen your arm making it easier to reach your foot
- Utilise a chair to find ease in the pose
Reclining Hand to Big Toe Pose / Supta Hasta Padangusthasana
Balance is no longer a factor as our relationship to gravity changes in Reclining Hand to Big Toe Pose. In this video, we explore how to:
- Use a strap to lengthen your arm, making it easier to reach your foot.
- Change the amount of opening in the hips based on foot and leg placement
- Employ a ...
Handstand is a pose that comes easy for some and not so easy for others. If you want to add handstand to your practice, this video will show you how to:
- Set up handstand at the wall for your unique body proportions
- Practice the kick-up needed to get your feet above your head
- Develop upper b...
Forearm stand provides all the sensations and benefits of going upside down, but without pressure in the wrists and hands, you might experience in Handstand. In this video, we explore:
- Setting up forearm stand at the wall for your unique body proportions
- Hand grip variations you can try that ...
You can practice yoga whether you can touch your toes or not. Learn to adapt forward fold to meet the needs of your body including how to:
- Employ blocks to bring the floor to you
- Walk your hand down the wall for support as you fold forward
- Use a chair when yoga blocks are not available
Wide-Angle Seated Forward Fold can be delicious if you know how to adapt the pose to your body. In this video we explore how to:
- Use a block to raise your hips or bring the floor to you, providing a place to rest your head
- Find ease in the pose using a chair to support the upper body
- Use a ...
Head to Knee Forward Fold is an asymmetrical seated forward fold that can seem daunting until you realize you don’t have to put your head on your knee! In this video, we explore ways to make Head to Knee Forward Fold accessible for your body, including how to:
- Use props to raise the hips and ti...
Strength-building, twisting and balancing all in one pose. Revolved side angle can be tricky, but with a few adjustments, you can find an expression of the pose that feels right in your body. In this video we explore how to:
- Adjust the twisting action for individuals with more abundance in thei...
Wind releasing pose can be challenging if you have abundance in the middle of your body. In this video, we explore how to:
- Adjust the placement of your legs to make room for your body
- Use the pose to stretch your low back
- Extend one leg and hover it off the mat to switch the intent of the p...
Yoga Squat, sometimes called garland pose, can be tricky if you have stiff joints or an abundant body. In this video we explore how to:
- Adjust the placement of your feet to adapt the pose to your body
- Use blocks to engage the shape and sensation of the pose in a supported way
- Find ease and ...
Fire Log pose got its name from the shape your legs take in the pose—your shins look like stacked logs of firewood! In this video we explore how to:
- Adapt leg position to make the pose accessible for sensitive knees and abundant legs
- Use a block to support the knee is a variety of leg placeme...
Dancer Pose stretches the hips and shoulders while challenging your balance. In this video, we explore how to:
- Adapt the pose for tight shoulders or quads
- Use a chair to find the shape and sensation of the pose in a supported way
- Flip your relationship to gravity and practice the pose on th...
Half Moon is a balancing posture that has an expansive feel to it. In this video we explore how to:
- Set up and enter the pose in an accessible way
- Use a block to lengthen the arm and find space in the pose
- Find stability in the pose by using the wall for support
Boat pose strengthens the core to power all of the poses in our yoga practice. In this video we explore how to:
- Vary arm and leg placement to adjust the difficulty of the pose
- Use the wall to find the shape and sensation of the pose in a supported way
- Employ a strap to find more support in ...
There are so many different kinds of trees in nature, and there are lots of ways to do Tree Pose in yoga. In this video, we explore how to:
- Use a gazing point to improve balance
- Adapt foot position to feel good in your body
- Use the wall for stability in the pose
Triangle Pose stretches and strengthens the whole body in one yoga pose. In this video, we explore how to:
- Set up and come out of the pose in a way that is supportive of a sensitive back
- Use a block to lengthen the arm and provide ease in the posture
- Use a chair to raise the floor and provi...
Chair pose engages all the muscles of the body and improves balance at the same time. In this video we explore how to:
- Adapt the setup of the pose to fit your unique body including how to adapt foot placement for abundant thighs and calves
- Build strength in the pose using the wall for stabili...
Sometimes called cobbler’s pose or bound angle, Butterfly Pose is a seated hip opener that is accessible to most people. In this video we explore how to:
- Use a blanket and a block to find space and ease in the pose
- Adapt the pose for practice while seated in a chair
- Support the knees with b...