You can do yoga and Yoga For Everyone will show you how! Get ready to:
- Explore 50 common yoga poses,
- Learn how to adapt each pose to feel good in your body
- Use props to find ease and stability in each posture
- Put what you’ve learned to use in 10 unique sequences you can practice anytime, anywhere
The Yoga for Everyone series is a video representation of Dianne’s book, “Yoga for Everyone: 50 Poses for Every Type of Body.”
You see Downward Facing Dog pose in most yoga classes and even in popular culture and advertising. The pose stretches the back and strengthens the whole body, but can be challenging if you have sensitive wrists, arms, or shoulders. In this video, we explore how to:
- Find space and ease in Down D...
Cobra Pose is an accessible backbend that opens the front of the body, strengthens the back, and is a great alternative to use in place of Upward Facing Dog. In this video, we explore how to:
- Set up the pose and adapt it to fit your body
- Engage your deep low back and pelvic floor muscles (Mul...
Bow Pose got its name because it looks like an archer’s bow. This intense backbend is a great way to stretch the front of the body but can be challenging if you’ve got an abundant middle or if tight shoulder makes it hard to reach your feet. In this video, we explore how to:
- Set up the pose and...
Revolved Lunge strengthens the legs, stretches the back and challenges balance all at the same time. In this video we explore how to:
- Find ease and stability in the pose by widening the width of your base
- Work around an abundant mid-section
- Adjust the arm position to make the twist more acc...
Cat-Cow is a simple but effective way to increase flexibility and warm up the spine for more demanding postures. In this video, we explore how to:
- Protect your knees using a blanket
- Adapt the pose for sensitive wrists by taking the pose onto your forearms
- Use a chair or the wall for stabili...
Sage Pose is a seated twist that might be challenging if you have an abundant middle body. In this video, we explore how to:
- Adapt the pose to accommodate an abundant middle or full bust
- Raise the height of the hips to find a bit more ease in the pose
- Find more openness and ease in the pose...
Revolved Hand to Big Toe Pose / Parivrtta Supta Padangusthasana
Revolved Hand to Big Toe Pose stretches the muscles of the body from the shoulders to your feet. In this video we explore how to:
- Set up the pose with and without props if that feels good in your body
- Use a block to find ease in the pose
- Lengthen the arm with a strap, making it easier to re...
Revolved Fire Log pose takes the structure of Fire Log Pose and adds a twist—literally—to increase sensation to this challenging seated posture. In this video, we explore how to:
- Add a twist for more feeling in Fire Log Pose
- Adjust your leg and foot placement to find ease and support in this ...
A variation of Child's Pose, Thread the Needle offers a gentle stretch for the shoulders, chest, and upper back. In this video, we explore how to:
- Adapt the pose for sensitive knees and abundance in the mid-body
- Support the torso with a bolster for ease in the pose
- Use a block to support th...
Seated Forward Fold stretches the back of the body and calms the mind. In this video we explore how to:
- Adapt the pose by raising your seat on a blanket or other prop
- Support the knees with a rolled blanket
- Use a strap to make it easier to reach your feet
To strengthen your back muscles and feel like Superman or Superwoman at the same time, try Locust Pose. In this video, we explore how to:
- Put a rolled blanket under the hip bones for additional comfort
- Use a block to engage the pelvic floor
- Adjust the position of the arms and the legs to ch...
Flip your relationship to gravity, experiencing inversion in Shoulder Stand. In this video, we explore how to:
- Use a blanket or blankets to support the shoulders, allowing the neck to maintain its curve
- Find support in the pose using a block under the pelvis
- Use the wall for stability as yo...
Bridge pose stretches the hips while strengthening the glutes and legs. In this video we explore how to:
- Set up the pose using robot arms to feel grounded in the upper body
- Use a block in the supported version of bridge pose
- Experience stability in the pose using a wall or a strap
When people think of yoga, they often immediately think of headstand. This pose can be exhilarating and intimidating to think about doing. Luckily, there are lots of ways to go upside down in support headstand. In this video, we explore how to:
- Position your arms and head on the mat to protect ...
Sphinx Pose opens the chest and lungs while relieving pressure in the lower back. In this video we explore how to:
- Adjust arm placement to increase or reduce the curve of the back
- Engage the legs by pressing the feet into the wall
- Use a rolled blanket to support the hips for ease in the pos...
The ultimate backbend, Wheel Pose opens the front body while strengthening the arms, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. In this video we explore how to:
- Position the hands and feet to lift the body from the mat
- Use a rolled blanket at the wall to change the angle of the wrists and provide levera...
Camel Pose is a kneeling backbend that opens the chest and stretches the front body. In this video we explore how to:
- Adjust the placement of the feet to make it easier to reach your heels
- Use a bolster to raise the placement of the hands for support in the pose
- Place a block between the th...
Relax and reset in this supported and accessible inversion. In this video, we explore how to:
- Adjust leg position to change the sensation of the pose
- Use a strap to support the legs without effort
- Experience the sensation of the posture in an accessible way using a chair