When people think of yoga, they often immediately think of headstand. This pose can be exhilarating and intimidating to think about doing. Luckily, there are lots of ways to go upside down in support headstand. In this video, we explore how to:
- Position your arms and head on the mat to protect your neck
- Set up blocks at the wall to find stability in the pose
- Use two chairs at the wall to do a headless headstand with absolutely no weight in your neck
Props to try: Wall. Chairs. Blankets. Blocks.
- Strengthens the whole body
- Soothes the central nervous system
- Builds confidence